Once you have purchased a recreational group, you will begin the setup process. To begin the setup process, login to your P2P account and go to your My Profile>Add a group/team then click the green add group/team button. You will then choose the group type from dropdown, name the group, and choose the number of singles and doubles courts that are playing.
Once you have added the groups go to. My Groups>Manage Groups page and select Setup Group. You will be asked to complete the following three steps:
- Enter Your Group Profile
- Add Your Players & Subs
- Use Player Availability Function to Generate Schedule (or Generate your Schedule without using the Player Availability Function)
Each player on your roster will be registered for an account and will receive an e-mail with their login and a temporary password. They will need to login and update their password and contact information.
Enter Your Group Profile
- Enter the following information:
- Group Name
- Group Captain (a Co-Captain can be added at any time after the setup process)
- Day of the Week you will be playing on
- Start Date for your group schedule
- End Date for your group schedule
- Number of players in your group
- Holiday Dates that you do not want to include on your schedule
- Number of days before the match that you would like email reminders to be sent out
- Court Location(s) (Optional)
- USTA Rating (Optional)
- Automatically assign the players to bring tennis balls? (check yes/no)
- Group Color (this color will appear on all players "My Schedule" page to make the group stand out)
- Court Name(s)
- Start Time for each court
- End Time for each court
- Location for each court
2. Click on Next Step
Add Your Players & Subs
- Select Existing Players if the player you are adding has played in a previous group that you have captained (if you are adding this player as a sub, select Add Players as Subs).
- Add A New Player if the player has not played in a previous group that you have captained (if you are adding this player as a sub, select Sub from the Player/Sub drop down). If the player/sub already has an P2P account associated with the email address you have entered, the system will ask you if you'd like to add the player using their existing account.
- Edit Match Assignments for each player by clicking on their name and selecting the number of matches you would like them to play under Edit Match Assignments.
- Please note: The total number of match assignments must add up to a specific amount. This amount is calculated by multiplying the total number of matches for the season by the total number of slots for each match (ex. 1 doubles court=4 total slots). If you have already overridden a player's match assignments once, you will need to reset their matches to default in order to override again. To reset ALL players matches to default, select the Reset Matches to Default button.
Using the Player Availability Function to Generate your Schedule
The P2P scheduler has the ability to prompt your players to input their availability OR enter availability as captain prior to generating your schedule. It is recommended that you allow 2-3 days for your players to update their availability. If you would like to request availability from your players, please select Yes, then, use the calendar to enter the cutoff date for your players to enter availability and select Request Availability & Continue to send an availability request email to your players. You can add comments to be emailed to your players along with the availability request email. If you would like to enter availability as captain, select Yes, then, use the calendar to enter the availability cutoff date. This date will be the amount of time given to you, as captain, to enter availability on your players behalf. Select Continue to NOT send an availability request to your players.
Please Note: If you use the Player Availability option your schedule will not be generated immediately. Your players will first be prompted for their availability (or you, as captain, will be given time to enter your players availability). Once the cutoff date for entering availability has been reached any schedule conflicts will need to be resolved as follows:
- Cancel the match
- Manually schedule the players even if they have indicated they are unavailable
- Re-send out an email to group players to inform them of the conflict and re-request availability (edit the availability cutoff date and select Request Availability and Update)
Once the availability cutoff date has been met, you will be able to generate your schedule for the season. Resolve any scheduling conflicts before generating the schedule, then click the Generate Schedule button. Look over your generated schedule before sending it out to players, then, Publish the Schedule to send it out to all players. Your players will receive an email once the schedule is published, and will then be able to login and access the schedule from their home My Schedule page.
Generate Your Schedule without using the Player Availability Function
To schedule your group and not use the availability function, select No on the Player Availability step. A schedule will be generated immediately. Look over your generated schedule before sending it out to players, then, Publish the Schedule to send it out to all players. Your players will receive an email once the schedule is published, and will then be able to login and access the schedule from their home My Schedule page.